Looking for a fun, flexible volunteer opportunity? If you have some time to spare and a desire to share your love of learning, READ can use you as a tutor. Our tutors work with children and adults in a wide variety of subject areas including reading, math and English.
- No teaching experience is required — just enthusiasm!
- Volunteer Tutors receive free training and materials.
- Student to tutor ratio is 1:1.
- Tutors and students are residents of La Porte County.
- Tutors volunteer for 1-2 hours a week at a public venue.
- All Tutors must submit an application and background check.
- Youth tutors under age 18 will need to fill out an application and have a Parental Consent form.
The Mission of READ La Porte County, Inc. is to increase the reading, math, English, and digital literacy skills in the community through tutoring and public support.
Ready to get started? There are several ways to submit your application.
- Print off a PDF version of our tutor application and Background Check Form to complete. Scan your completed application and email it to email@example.com.
- Print off a PDF version of our tutor application to complete. Then mail it to READ La Porte County, Inc., PO Box 642, La Porte, IN 46352.
If you are under the age of 18, please also complete our Parental Consent Form and Release (PDF).
We strive to make sure each of our tutors has a rewarding experience. Once we receive your application, we will look for a tutoring opportunity that fits your schedule and preferences. We’ll let you know when we find a good match. In the meantime, please contact us with any questions.
Some of the links on this page may require Adobe Reader to view them. The Adobe Reader is available for download free of charge, by clicking here.